May 25, 2012

Paper dolls









******

I`ve been working on these two paper dolls for the last few days!
They were a commissioned work for a very special gift!
They will be the birthday present of a girl who lives in Montreal 
to her mom who lives in France! 
(thank you for thinking about me for such a wonderful present)

The girl who order this two had two themes in mind,
gardening and Montreal!
What wonderful opportunity to make something beautiful!
plus I haven´t made any new paper dolls for almost 2 years now
and I really love to do paper collage, I love my paper dolls!
it`s such a fantastic way to express myself...

Both images are very subtle and delicate,
with touches of  different elements regarding the themes
I was commissioned to portray...
The phrases in French are something I really enjoy to add now
since I`m better in this language now
after taking French classes for almost 2 years!
(applauses)
I looked within the pages of my old French books which
I use to do collage and other paper works like
my paper boat brooches
and after some time of reading here and there 
I found the exact words I needed! just perfect!

For the Montreal collage (which personally is my favorite)
I dressed the doll with a piece of a Montreal map
which shows the exact address where the girl lives...
simple touches of love... simple lovely details
which make each piece unique and special!

I hope the mom of this girl likes her gift!
I certainly loved making them and part of me will be sad
to see these two pieces go! 
Each one measures 15 x 15 inches so they are quite big
actually they are my biggest paper dolls ever!
ready to be framed... just love them!
which one is your favorite one?

Ok... back to Fridas for the whole weekend!
I have to finish the 20 small Frida dolls 
which will become 20 Frida keychains!
and they will go together with the remaining 4 big Fridas
to a very special place... this surprise is even more exciting
that the one of selling at the boutique of the MACM that
I told you last week... !!!!!!!
oh oh oh I`m dying to tell you all about it...
but will have to wait just a couple of days more...!!!

Have a lovely weekend everyone!!!!! :D

(song)

...........................


He estado trabajando en estas dos muñecas de papel!
Fueron un pedido especial para un regalo muy lindo!
Serán el regalo de cumpleaños de cumplaños para la mamá
de una chica que vive en Montreal. (su mamá vive en Francia)
(Gracias por pensar en mi trabajo por tan lindo regalo!) 

La chica que me pidió estas imágenes me dió dos temas para los mismos
Jardinería y Montreal!
Que linda oportunidad para hacer algo hermoso!
además no había hecho muñecas de papel en hace ya casi 2 años
y hacer collage de papel es de mis trabajos favoritos!
Me encantan mis muñecas de papel!
es una manera tan fantastica de expresarme...

Las dos muñecas son muy sútiles y delicadas,
ambas tienen toques de los temas que se me pidieron...
Las frases en francés son uno de mis fvoritos
ya que cada vez soy más ducha con este idioma
después de tomar clases por ya casi 2 años!
(aplausos)
Busqué y busqué en las páginas de mis viejos libros en francés
que tengo para hacer mis collages y mis cositas con papel
como mis broches de los barquitos de papel
y después de un tiempito de pasar páginas y páginas
encontre las palabras exactas que necesitaba! 
simplemente perfectas!

Para el collage de Montreal (que es mi favorito entre los dos)
Vestí a la muñeca con un pedazo del mapa de Montreal
que contiene la dirección exacta de dónde vive la chica
que me compró estas piezas...
Toques simples de amor... simples detalles hermosos...
que juntos hacen cada pieza única y especial!

Espero que le guste mucho su regalo a la mamá!
Yo disfruté mucho hacerlos y una parte de mi esta triste
de dejarlas ir... (así me pasa)
Cada collage mide 15 x 15 pulgadas
son bastante grandes, de hecho son las muñecas
más grandes que he hecho hasta ahora!
listas para enmarcarse!... Me encantan!
Cuál es su favorita?

Y bueno de regreso a las Fridas este fin de semana!
tengo que terminar las 20 Fridas pequeñas 
que se van a convertir en 20 llaveros!
y junto con las 4 Fridas grandes que quedan de las que terminé
las semana pasada se van a ir a un lugar maravilloso y mágico!
esta sorpresa es incluso más grande que la de estar 
en la tienda del MACM que les conté la semana pasada!!!!!!
ay me muero por contarles pero tengo que esperar...
tan sólo unos días más...!!!

Qué tengan un hermoso fin de semana!!!


******
Pin It

No comments: