May 09, 2012

28 Fridas

******



Been super busy sewing the lovely faces and hairs
of these 28 Frida dolls! (just finished!!!!) 
(so happy!!!! it`s really a very intricate work
that takes a long time so I`m happy this face is over!)
(applauses!!!!)
..............

He estado ocupadisima cosiendo las caritas y cabellos
de estas 28 Fridas! (las acabo de terminar!!!!)
(estoy tan contenta!!!! es un trabajo muy minucioso
y me toma mucho tiempo esta face así que estoy
feliz de que ya terminó!)
(aplausos!!!!)



Each of the 28 dolls has 2 sides...
so is like double the work!

..................

Cada una de las 28 muñecas tiene 2 lados
así que es doble trabajo!




I buy boxes and boxes of 
black thread spools because
I just finish them soooo quickly making Fridas!
(I used around 10 on these señoritas)

...................

Compro cajas de hilo negro
porque me termino muchísimos carretes
en mi trabajo, especialmente con las Fridas!
(usé alrededor de 10 en estas señoritas)








This is more or less the process I do
to have the Fridas ready to get dressed.
................

Y este es más o menos el proceso que hago
para tener las Fridas listas para vestirlas.





Tomorrow I`ll get each one lovely dresses
with lovely laces and bright colorful fabrics.
I will also add many flowers in their hairl!
Just like Frida used to be colorful and lovely! 
...................

Mañana les empezaré a poner a cada una hermosos vestidos
con telas satinadas de colores y con encajes primorosos.
También les pondré lindas flores en el cabello!
Justo como Frida solía ser... hermosa y colorida

******
Pin It

4 comments:

Melanie - Curious Little Bird - said...

I found for embroidery on the sewing machine, those large spools you can buy at Fabricville for $3 (the really big ones that sit near the floor) have a lot of thread, and are less expensive, and should last you longer. :)

Cara Carmina said...

Hey girl! thank you so much! will check them out! :D I actually buy my boxes of threads in Mexico!!!! I don´t remember now the exact price but the box has 12 spools of 200 mts. each and should be around $20 dls (or even less) so every time I go or a friend comes I get them! :D oh If I only could get Mexican prices in fabrics and the filling I would be soooo happy! :D

Ludo braille said...

J'admire vos créations à la machine à coudre !!!
J'aime beaucoup vos poupées.
Nadia

Cara Carmina said...

oh oh oh merci Nadia!!!! :D