November 11, 2011

About being productive...







******

I´m just finishing a batch of oh oh oh so cute bookmarkers that were special orders and a few dolls (also custom made) so I haven´t been able to focus my energy in the work I need to do for my December events... Oh my it´s just like I need more time in the day!!!

There is a fine line between being productive or not. I´ve found out that I can be all day long in my atelier without being very productive... among updating my sites, taking photos, answering e-mails, etc.. etc.. etc... time flies and at the end I didn´t make many dolls as I would have liked...

I´ve been waking up early and that has helped me a lot... (is not easy! hate to wake up early) My intern has helped me sooo much to do all the work that takes precious time from my hands to sew... You see, sewing is the most time consuming part of my dolls... the faces and hair... with the black thread... I can be 10 hours making faces....

Anyways... I´m trying to balance it out, not an easy task...but so far so good... I wish you all a very productive day and to me too!!!

.......................

Acabo de terminar un montón de lindos separa libros que fueron pedidos especiales y un par de muñecas (tambien hechas a pedido) así que no he tenido tiempo de concentrar mi energía en el trabajo que tengo que hacer para mis eventos de diciembre.

Es que necesito dias de 38 hrs!!! Hay una fina línea entre ser productiva o no, me he dado cuenta de que me puedo pasar horas en el estudio sin ser tan productiva como quisiera, entre actualizar mis sitios, contestar mensajes, tomar fotos, etc... etc... etc... el tiempo se me escurre y resulta que al final no hice tantas muñecas como hubiera querido.

Me he estado levantando temprano y eso me ayuda (no me es fácil, odio levantarme temprano), Mi "intern" me esta ayudando un montón a hacer todas esas cosas que me quitan el tiempo para coser... Y es que lo que más tiempo me toma en mi trabajo es coser las caritas y cabellos de mis muñecas con el hilo negro... me puedo pasar 10 horas cosiendo caritas...

En fin... ando tratando de equilibrar la cosa, no es fácil, pero ahí va la cosa... Les deseo a todos un día muy productivo y a mi también!!!

*******


Pin It

2 comments:

StephieB said...

Sounds like you have your hands full Norma! You must really have a lot on to be getting up early - I don't like early mornings either!

I can't wait to hear about what's happening in December. I hope that even though you are busy you are being kind to yourself!

Hugs, Stephie x

Cara Carmina said...

Hey girl!!!! :D I´ll tell you all about it soon and I´m trying to keep it balanced but sometimes is too hard!!!! well, the waking up early helps! :D vitamins and some rest... but still have to wooooork so much!!!! after this I´ll take some time off!!! :D big yellow hug for you!!!! xoxoxo