August 01, 2011

Becoming my Dream...










Do you know James de la Vega?... if you don´t let me tell you about him... he is a NYC street artist better known for his chalk drawings he creates on public surfaces such as sidewalks. When I lived in New York (lived there for 5 years) I used to see his fish drawings all the time in my hood and enjoyed to follow them so much... but now I got to see this new drawings he´s been doing on any place he finds not only in the street.... it`s the phrase "become your dream" with a fish drawing sometimes...and I just couldn´t feel soooo inspired by it.... I believe in dreams come true, I believe in that you can become whatever you dream and I believe in my own dream... (so much).

Cara Carmina is my dream... and little by little it is growing more and more... and I`m sure one day... is going to be so big that I´ll have to buy a big ladder to climb up to the top and put a cherry on it´t top... I will smile then and may it the cherry just for the fun of it!!!!

Anyways... to all of you out there who have dreams... as dear De la Vega would say... "become your dream"


..........................


¿Conocen a James de la Vega?... si no lo concen, déjenme presentarselos... él es un artista urbano de Nueva York mejor conocido por sus dibujos con gis en las calles. Cuando viví en Nueva York (viví ahí 5 años) solía ver sus dibujos de peces todo el tiempo en mi vecindario y me entretenía siguiéndolos... pero ahora me he encontrado los nuevos dibujos que ha estado haciendo y que hace en cualquier superficie que se encuentra no sólo en las aceras... es la frase "become your dream" que significa "realiza tu sueño" ... y me hace sentir tan inspirada.... Yo creo en los sueños que se convierten en realidad, creo que que uno se puede convertir en cualquier cosa que uno sueñe y creo en mi propio sueño... (tanto).

Cara Carmina is my dream... and little by little it is growing more and more... and I`m sure one day... is going to be so big that I´ll have to buy a big ladder to climb up to the top and put a cherry on it´t top... I will smile then and may it the cherry just for the fun of it!!!!

Y bueno... para todos ustedes que sueñan... como diría el querido De la Vega... "realizen sus sueños".




Pin It

7 comments:

Zepequeña said...

No conocia a este artista.

Zepequeña.

Cara Carmina said...

es maravilloso! busca más de él en Google, te vas a sorprender! :D

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
StephieB said...

Love it! Great words to live by. I hope you get to put the cherry on top soon! Hugs, Stephie x

PS Lucky you to have lived in New York! I hope to get there one day :)

Annick Gaudreault said...

Inspirant, en effet!

Cara Carmina said...

Stephie: oh yes I miss NY! and I´m dreaming with that cherry every day!:D

Cara Carmina said...

Annick: nice to see you in my atelier! :D yes, very inspiring! Merci!!!!