July 20, 2011

The two Fridas














Hello everybody!!!! finally I could upload the photos of the Mexico Day!!!! It was a great event and I enjoyed it very much!!!! had a lot of fun, sang all day and danced too (great live mexican music), eat some tacos (vegetarian of course) and painted live for the first time in my life!!!!

I wasn´t sure what I was going to paint at the beginning, I was thinking about a woman, I have some women oil paintings, but wasn´t that sure and when I saw Cassia dressed like Frida I had to paint her, or a version of her.... and so... there were the two Fridas... one smiling and super happy painting two canvases and the other right there full of colors and making everybody smile... we painted with acrylics and so I couldn´t give her the texture I would have liked it, but now she is at home looking at me everyday and I will finish her one day.... I must say I like her a lot... she is a sweet, colorful Frida!!!!! People liked my work and had some sales so that was also very good!!!! (applauses).

It was a really nice day, met wonderful people like the other two painters that shared with us the canvases and somehow I ended up organizing a bunch of kids that while seeing Cassia painting thought that was kind of a children painting site so I kindly (and happily) donated to them my 2nd canvas and the result was super cool!!!! it was made by more than 10 kids!!!! how cool is that???

Needless to say I ended exhausted... it was super hot and humid... my leg was kind of tired... and I`m taking it easy this week... because is still hot and humid... and you know I`m not that a happy camper in the hot and humid.... sooo... just chillin´ :D

What a happy colorful day!!!!

...................................


Hola a todos!!!! finalmente pude subir las fotos del día de México!!! fue un super evento y lo disfruté mucho!!!! me divertí muchísimo, canté y baile todo el día (muy buena musica en vivo), comí unos taquitos (vegetarianos por supuesto) y pinté en vivo por primera vez en mi vida!!!!

No estaba muy segura de que iba a pintar al principio, había pensado en pintar una mujer ya que hace algunos años pinté unas mujeres en óleo, pero no estaba segura y cuando vi a Cassia vestida como Frida no me pude resistir! la tenía que pintar... bueno una versión de ella... y bueno... ahí estaban las dos Fridas... una sonriendo y contentísima pintando sus dos bastidores y la otra justo ahí llena de colors y haciendo a todo el mundo sonreír... pintamos con acrílicos así que no pude darle la textura que me hubiera gustado, pero ahora ella esta en mi casa mirándome todos los días y la pienso terminarla algún día... Me gustó mucho... es una Frida muy dulce y muy colorida!!!!!! A la gente le gustó mi trabajo y tuve algunas ventas así que eso también estuvo muy bien!!!! (aplausos)

En verdad fue un hermoso día, conocí a gente muy linda como las otras dos pintoras que compartieron con nosotras los bastidores y de algún modo que no entiendo terminé organizando a un montón de niños que al ver a Cassia pintando pensaron que era un lugar para que pintaran los niños, así que muy feliz y amablemente les doné mi segundo bastidor y el resultado estuvo genial!!!! la pintura la hicieron entre más de 10 niños!!!! que bien no???

No necesito decirles que terminé super cansada... estaba haciendo un calorón y una humedad que no les cuento... mi pierna estaba ya cansada así que me la estoy tomando relajada esta semana... porque sigue la cosa humeda y calurosa... y ya saben que yo no gusto de la los calores y las humedades.... así que me relajo... :D

Que lindo y colorido día!!!!


Pin It

5 comments:

HollyGeekWood said...

norma!!!! it is always a pleasure reading you :) how are u doing? xx fran

Murmur Fremo said...

Looks like a fun and successful day! I love your on-the-spot Frida paintings, they came out wonderful.

Cara Carmina said...

Ciao Cara Fran!!!!! :D I´m good.... holding on with the weather is sooooo hot in Montreal! (and humid) feels like I´m in NYC!!!!!! ;) thanks for coming to visit and for the nice message! hope you have a wonderful summer dear!!!!
a presto!!!!! :D xoxo
n

Murmur fremo: yes it was so nice!!!!! :D thanks!!!!! ;)

StephieB said...

Norma - it sounds like you had a truly wonderful day and how sweet of you to let the kids all paint! What a lot of fun - get some rest now!

Hugs, Stephie x

Cara Carmina said...

Hey girl... nice day it was... loved the painting of the kids... I hope they kept it because I would have loved to have it at home! :)

big hug!

xoxox

n