July 05, 2011

She makes me sigh...










This last weekend I took a brake... a brake from work and a break from daily life stress... among all the beautiful things I did... (I´ll write about the main one very soon) I got to go to one of my favorite places in Montreal (and in the world...) The Monet bookstore which has one of the most amazing children book collections I´ve ever seen....

And well... I have a deal with Mr. Cat Face that I can buy a children book a month (yeeeeey!!!!) without this agreement I would buy 20 a month (if possible) but since children books (specially the ones I like) are not that cheap... well.... one a month gives me enough smiling... for... mmm more than a month...

Soooo.... I went last Sunday and after gathering my very, very, very favorite ones (11 in total) and tiring out the nice and very kind womanl who got me every single one I asked for (no matter the illustrator name I gaver her she found them all!!!!) I sat down with the 11 books in my lap and started to scan them all very carefully and try to made up my mind... well... very hard to do... (I almost cry when I gave back to the very nice girl the other 10 books back)

Taaaaa-daaaaah!!!!! I got the book "Grand et Petit" with the oh so very lovely and profoundly beautiful illustrations of Joanna Concejo... her work... makes me sigh... and I´ve been sighing since Sunday afternoon... and I just don´t seem to be able to stop.... Her style is so delicate... oh my! go to her blog and here... and you´ll sigh too...

(so happy about my July book)

.................................................


Este pasado fin de semana me tomé un descanso... un descanso del trabajo y del estress diario... entre todas las cosas linda que hice... (escribiré pronto acerca de ello) Me fuí a uno de mis lugares favoritos en Montreal (y el mundo entero...) La libreria Monet, que tiene la más impresionante colección de libros para niños que he visto...

And well... I have a deal with Mr. Cat Face that I can buy a children book a month (yeeeeey!!!!) without this agreement I would buy 20 a month (if possible) but since children books (specially the ones I like) are not that cheap... well.... one a month gives me enough smiling... for... mmm more than a month...Y bueno... tengo un trato con el Sr. Cara de Gato en el que acordamos que me puedo comprar un libro al mes (yeeeeey!!!!!) no está de más contarles que sin dicho acuerdo me compraría 20 libros al mes y como no son muy baratos que digamos (especialmente los que me gustan a mí) pues... un libro al mes me da suficientes sonrisas... para ... mmmm más de un mes...

Asi queeee.... ahí me fui el domingo pasado y después de escoger mis super, ultra favoritisimos (11 en total) y después de cansar a la muy amable y linda empleada de la libreria que me ayuda a encontrarlos todos!!!! (no importó el ilustrador que le diera, ella me los encontró todos!!!!) me senté con los 11 libros en mis piernas y empecé la penosa tarea de escoger uno... cosa nada fácil... (casi lloro cuando le dí de vuelta a la muy amable y paciente empleada los 10 que no compré)

Taaaa-raaaaan!!!!! me compré el libro "Grand et Petit" con las tan hermosisisimas y profundamente bellas ilustraciones de Joanna Concejo... su trabajo... me hace suspirar... y he estado suspirando desde el Domingo en la tarde... y no puedo parar... Su estilo es tan delicado... Vayan a su blog y aquí para que ustedes suspiren también...

(estoy re feliz con mi libro de Julio)


Pin It

3 comments:

PetalPop said...

fantastic!

Cara Carmina said...

ñ_ñ love her!

Agata said...

I love her work so much! I was showing her work on my blog ...she was born in Poland, like I did ;-D