August 02, 2010

MULU doll (special request)









This lovely doll is my last creation and was a special request for Stephanie in NY... She came to Montreal to visit and saw my dolls in the Gallery Zone Orange... and she bought one for a friend... it was very funny because she found me in facebook and added me... when I saw her invitation it was kind of funny because she put the photo of the doll she bought in Montreal as her profile pic. so first I was kind of confused... then I understood it was one of the dolls of the gallery so this person had bought it! Then she made me a special request doll with a lot of specifics she wanted:

Hair like frida (2 high pony tails) and with the flowers in the hair and collar but no cross at the end, no thick eyebrows, specific colors of fabric, like Frida the pearl in the neck, the lace collar, the butterfly and the heart in the chest... instead of the Frida legend she wanted the word MULU (miss you, love you) which I find so sweet! and as homage of her favorite ballerina Sylvie Guillem (I like her too!) she wanted the name "Sylvie" hidden somewhere (put it in the back) and ballerina shoes as the final touch... I sent Stephanie photos of the work process so she could see her doll being born... (I think that´s fun).

So... I finish her yesterday and I love her! I hope Stephaine loves her too!!! what do you think?

If you ever would like to have a doll of mine with special features like this one (anything!) special colors, hairstyle, face features, speciall dress code or shoes, a special name embroidered on it, etc... Please send me a message, I will be so glad to make it for you!!!

.................................

Esta linda muñeca es mi última creación y fue una petición especial de Stephanie en NY... ella vino de vacaciones a Montreal y vio mi trabajo en la galería Zone Orange... compró una de mis muñecas para regalarsela a una amiga y fue muy curioso porque me buscó en facebook y puso la muñeca que compró mía en Montreal como su foto de perfil. Al principio cuando vi su petición para hacerme su amiga y la foto me quedé muy confundida de ver una de mis muñecas en el perfil de alguien más... pero después caí en la cuenta de que era una de las muñecas de la galería y seguro esa persona la había comprado! Así que después ella me hizo una petición especial de otra muñeca con muchas especificaciones... ella pidió:

El cabello como Frida (dos trenzas altas) con las flores en el pelo y el cuello pero sin el final de cruz como las Fridas originales. No quiso las cejas fuertes de Frida pero le dejó la perla en el cuello y el cuello de encaje... también la mariposa y el corazón en el pecho. Me pidió que le escribiera la palabra MULU en el vestido (miss you, love you) y también me pidió que en algún lugar le pusiera el nombre "Sylvie" en honor a su una de sus bailarinas favoritas (y mias) Sylvie Guillem, así como que los zapatos fueran de bailarina como toque final... Durante todo el proceso le mandé fotos a Stephanie del mismo para que viera como iba creándose su muñeca... (me parece muy lindo compartir el proceso de trabajo).

Y bueno, ayer la terminé y me gustó muchisimo como ha quedado! espero que a ella también le guste... ustedes que opinan!?

Si en alguna ocasión alguno de ustedes quisiera una muñeca mia con algo especial de su gusto como el cabello, los colores, el vestido o los zapatos, algun detalle o frase, el nombre de alguien, un mensaje, alguna cosa especial en particular, mandénme un mensaje y se las haré con mucho gusto!!!



Pin It

6 comments:

pilli pilli said...

I think she will LOVE her!
(I do)
*hearts*
pilli pilli

Cara Carmina said...

Thanks!!!!! I think she will do! I love her already!!!! :) will let you know...

btw... every time I get into my home I see my keychain of yours and loooove it!!!!

**We BLOG ARTISTS** said...

SHE is stunning!
Your work is AMAZING!
I would LOVE one day to have a Carmina doll...
WOW!
Have a great week talented lady!
Char.x.

Cara Carmina said...

We Blog Artists: THAAAAANKS!!!! you are so kind and nice... :) I would love you have one of my dolls one day!!! :) (let me know)

:) yellow hugs for you!

Z said...

I absolutely love her!!! It's so cute and pretty! Thanks so much. It's been an amazing experience!

xoxo

Cara Carmina said...

Thanks to you!!! and I´m so happy you liked her! :) she is on her way!